Oral Sedation Dentistry ~ Conscious Sedation
Call to schedule a free dental consultation:
With the magic of oral sedation dentistry, you can rest through a dental visit and leave with little or no memory of it!
With oral sedation, time flies while you’re in the chair. Also known as “conscious sedation dentistry,” this type of sedation involves taking a pill before treatment. Once you become alert again, all of your dental work has been completed. During the procedure, we’ll be monitoring pulse, blood pressure, and oxygen levels.
Oral sedation dentistry works well if you:
- are scared of needles
- have sensitive teeth or gums
- have an overactive gag reflex
- have a physical condition that makes it difficult to tolerate dental treatment
- are afraid to visit the dentist
- have a hard time getting numb or have a reaction to Novocain
- would prefer to have several dental treatments performed in only one visit
Please make note that with this type of sedation dentistry, someone will need to drive you home from your dental visit and monitor you for two to four hours afterward, due to the sedative effects of the pill.
If you should have more questions about oral sedation and the differences between oral sedation, IV sedation, and laughing gas, please contact our office nearest you. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and set up a free consultation for you.
Please make note: Our dental office is in Mesa, AZ. We’re near you if you live or work in: Mesa, Phoenix, Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, or Scottsdale.